Tuesday, August 23, 2011

L.A Girl Metal - Bronze Medal

I grabbed a few different ones of these at Groove which is an Aussie discounter store. They seem to get a lot of remaindered stock from overseas and among them is Revlon, Maybelline, L.A Girl, NYX... Anyway, these were $5 I think. They look so good in the bottle but I was sadly disappointed upon application. See photo, but what it is is a clear base with foil toned glitter. It is very smooth, very fine. You will see in another photo that there is still heaps of visible nail even after THREE coats. I did another 2 coats the next day and found a better result by not shaking the bottle, swishing to obtain a big glob of polish, then just wiping one side of the brush to drain as much polish off as possible while retaining a nice load of glitter on the other.
It's quite nice on, but hard work to get there. Where other glitter polish you can usually feel the texture, this stuff is very smooth. You would not know just by touch that it was any different to a creme. Unfortunately I got a few dints because the first few coats I was trying to get coverage, so was doing thick coats. Major mistake. Next time I know I'll be doing several thin coats over two days! I haven't used a top coat on any of my pics here.

No comments:

Post a Comment