Monday, August 22, 2011

Mavala - Aquamarine

Mavala are some small polishes hailing from Switzerland. Their webpage says that this is the ideal size for a fast moving trend base. What I really like is that these are quite sturdy little pots. The cap initially looks a bit tacky, but it is quite a good grip. The brush is quite good as well. I've found Mavala at two independent chemists so there is no real clue where they are stocked. One was in Indooroopilly Westfield, in Brisbane. The other was in the Town Hall station underpass somewhere, Sydney. I think I was heading to QVB.
I have been very fond of this colour. It's a very creamy celadon or jade green and has a very subtle green shimmer. In sunlight this is more apparent. It has also worn quite well. I'm up to day 4 and it only chipped today. But this was due to me scrubbing pots and pans. Formula was good, not "very good".... with some bald patches. I did two coats, but it really needs 3. The paint is a bit thicker in consistency, so maybe this is really a 2 day job. This colour looks much better on squared off nails than round or pointy tips. My poor nails, at the moment, are 1000 different shapes. (ok, ten, I mean).
I have a couple of other Mavalas, so would like to trot those out soon. Price point varied from $7 to 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment