Friday, September 9, 2011

Maybelline Mini Colorama - Baby Doll

Gotta love when there's a run out on fashion colours. Picked up some Coloramas for $1 each. This is a fairly standard shade, the musky pink with shot of blue. In fact, the first time I was a flowergirl in the 80s, all our nails were done in this shade in Cutex. Blast from the past.

I had several comments from people who thought I was wearing nothing but caught a flash of the blue in the light. Invariably they would hold my fingers just to check!

Formula, ok. Colour, a bit too transparent - did about 4 coats with this one. Scratched easily even days later. Hotness of colour was subdued with a top coat. Dontcha hate that. You have good looking colour and it is ruined by a top coat.

I would not have run out to buy this... but it was in the bargain box. And I suppose I would wear this any time I was not supposed to have colour on the nails.



2 comments:

  1. Do you knit? I'm just picking it up and saw your "Born to Knit" um, thingy, :) Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish.. the only thing I can do (badly) is a scarf. The postcard was for some kind of charity, I think, to do with making blankets for christmas.

    ReplyDelete