Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Catherine Arley - 668 - toffee holographic

Welcome to my first Catherine Arley post! A while ago you would have seen how I was sent several of these by my friend in the USA. AWESOME! Catherine Arley itself is a brand from Turkey.

This was a fantastic first try. I pored over the colours and finally decided on the demure toffee colour, seeing as I still had to go to work. Application - - OMG, perfect. Perfect consistency, amazing soft brush, nil streaks. After the hassle I experienced with Make Up Store's holographic, I wondered "maybe its this kind of glitter**" but boy was I wrong. Every finger I did I was bowled over by how smooth and even it went on. I mean the bottle itself is no great shakes - it seems to have the most awful, cheap looking handle and the whole thing looks like it came out of a $2 shop.

(**I've since found as well that Sally Hansen holos were quite good - sorry Make Up Store, but your holo sucked in comparison!! The glitter just feels and drags heavy, like sand particles and seems nigh on impossible to get a good looking finish)

I should absolutely add at this point that no cosmetic company has ever given me free product to blog about, so take this as my disclaimer that I so often see on other blogs about being endorsed and whatever. I got no endorsement, no freebies and no family or friends who work in the industry. I buy all my own polishes (well aside from the ones I get for christmas!)

Anyhow! Amazing x 3000. People who saw it commented how awesome it looked. I almost feel embarrassed how effort-free it was to get a good finish. And because it looks so good, I feel the need to add a few different photos. Enjoy it just like I did!






2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy this color, and I think the 4th photo down is shows how great this color looks on your skin.

    ReplyDelete