Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Catherine Arley - 807 - straw gold holographic

In the gift pack I got 2 golds. The other is a warmer, more sunflower yellow. This is the whiter, cooler gold. Application was good and the colour quite opaque. In this picture you can see the one on the left has one coat, and the one on the right has two coats. Can you tell the difference?


In dim light you can't see that it is holographic. But under direct light, wow, just fantastic. This polish didn't disappoint. See the other Catherine Arley post I did for rave reviews on its consistency and colour.

However, I think that the golden colour interrupts the holo visuals. I find it hard to distinguish that it is a holo at all. Comparing the bottle against the toffee coloured CA, you can clearly distinguish the toffee is holo glitter, but the gold looks more like silver glitter.

So sadly I have to report this is not a knockout the way 668 was but I am still pretty pleased with the formulation and how gorgeous it is to paint with.

Many thanks to JJ who sent this over as a gift all the way from USA!!!






** Amendment - I've done this on a nail wheel now and it reminded me of the trouble I had when I was putting it on. It's much more visible on a plain white surface. This gold, suffers the fate of many a frost gold.. It streaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment