Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Layla Magnetic Polish








I found these in Sydney in a Price Attack store! I've seen them in US blogs for a while now. They were $19.95 each. I got 2 for my aunt, the purple one is "Velvet Groove" and the other is "Golden Nugget" (but is not very gold at all).

It did take practice to work the magnet. The idea is that you paint it on (and thickly won't matter, it seems to dry really fast and thoroughly) and then hold the cap over the top which contains the magnet. The iron particles will then separate and form the cool pattern.

All the Layla ones here (12 colours) only have a stripe. As you can see I wasn't too fussed about lining it up properly, so all my lines are going different directions.

I found it works best if you hold it at least 10 seconds. Don't need to move the magnet around much, but turning your nail a little bit to ensure all of it gets to be near the magnet surface is a good idea or you will get bland spots near the edges.

It was a good idea to get two because I found it is easier to use the magnet of a polish with its lid on, than to have to quickly try and screw it back on. I suppose you could just hold the brush up, but I don't like the idea of my polish being exposed to air anymore than I need.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment