Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Revlon Moon Candy, 290 Universe and 220 Milky Way

I think I expect more for $15 a pop. The base colour was hard to work. A little blobby and a brush that was insistent on painting my cuticles instead of the nail. Failure to flatten?

The base colour, streaky and dried too quickly. I had visible 3D brushstrokes on the second coat. On the Milky Way I did only one coat. Mistake. When I applied the glitter coat it began melting the colour coat and I soon had a grey slurry as I attempted to coat my entire nail and have even spread with the glitter. I got a bald patch in the centre of the nail.

The MW glitter is too chunky for my liking, as in it is cut up from quite thick plastic sheets and you can actually feel protruding sharp edges. Top coat is required.

However, Universe is quite nice. A dark raisin base with red and green toned flakes.

MW is a navy/grey depending your light source, with silver holo shreds.

No comments:

Post a Comment