Monday, July 18, 2011

Sally Hansen Lacquer Shine - Luminous

As I said about the other Lacquer Shine I had on, this goes on like a dream. What an incredible formula. I've got 3 of these, so when the time comes I will review the other one. In the bottle I had imagined it was more of an orangey tone, but on the nail it seemed like a straight out hot red, not a hint of orange at all. These are quite old polishes, being in the discontinued basket, and for all my life only have seen them in one store, a Terry White chemist with not much clientele. Still, I cannot tell you that after the last few polishes being put on, I had rather dreaded that perhaps I was declining into old age and unable to hold a brush anymore or create even strokes.

This polish has told me: It's not you! It's them!

Anyway... I'd had trouble with those new fangled wide brush things and this is rather the average long bristled straight brush and it surely, surely is wonderful to apply with. *gush gush*

I've had tons of compliments. Last night, my friend was ordering in an Indian restaurant when the woman stopped him mid sentence and said: Those nails are AMAZING. Truly. She endured taking our drink and entree order and finally had to blurt it out. (dramatic writing licence used).

But seriously, yes, at work today had comments about them. Last week at work also. That's right... LAST WEEK. These babies have rode my dead skin cells for approximately 5 days. They had done the washing, scrabbled around in my handbag and it was only yesterday they took chipping. In fact, the last photo was taken 2 days ago. You can see some wear on the tip but the polish clung on for dear life.

So, it's a bold tomato red and is a pearl. It has delicious, beautiful depth. I think this series Lacquer Shine was really taking those deep, shiny asian lacquerware as inspiration, if you can visualise the layers and layers of varnish that give it that glittering warm depth.



2 comments:

  1. I found your post googling this polish because I got it today for £0.59 at a closing down sale. I bought Luminous, Gleaming and Glow. I'm ecstatic because the minute I saw these it was like a match made in nail polish heaven! I love the depth of the colour and yep, the formula seems old school but the colours are so vibrant they put some newer ones to shame! You have lovely hands, by the way. Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really can't believe how lovely the formula is. Even though it is older, which is why its in the bargain bin, it works better than some "new" polish I have been getting!

    ReplyDelete