Monday, June 13, 2011

Coral Colours - Silver Caviar

What a let down. Even before I began, I had to thin this down. It reminded me of bad quick-dry formula. The first stroke on the nail would go on like a dream, but immediately after clump clump clump. The colour is streaky. It is a pewter black with green and magenta micro glitter. And I really mean micro glitter, not powder shimmer, because this colour is comparable with Givenchy Elegant Pearl which has the more refined glitter. I tried that on in Myer and it looked more like a black pearl than this did.

So this is supposed to be Coral Colours' rip-off of the catwalk colour. On my pinky is one coat of Black Pearl by Chanel. Unfortunately nothing like it. It was much closer to the Estee Lauder and Givenchy.

Even worse than the long time I spent trying to apply this well, was that 2 or 3 days later, large flakes were coming off from doing practically nothing! If there is something that makes acrylic paint flexible, then CC was skimping on that chemical!


No comments:

Post a Comment