Sunday, June 26, 2011

Wet n Wild - Blue Wants to be a Millionaire

So this is the Wet n Wild range that distorts a few tv show names to be funny. Ha ha. This polish was happily sent over from USA by my mate Jeff who said that he got a few funny looks as he pored through the nail polish section, examining each bottle closely. In the bottle, you can see a lovely medium blue colour but I am thinking you might need several coats to achieve it. On my nails is already 3 coats and it is still a very soft powder blue. The holograph glitter is lovely though. Brush is bristly unfortunately, and splays out at odd angles. I noticed this in all the Wet n Wild bottles that came over, but HEY what do you really want from a $2 nail polish?! So yeah, hard plastic bristles is a little bit of a let down but we are not getting into a Chanel $32 polish are we???

Holograph glitter... *sigh* if only this kind of thing was around when I was 10. I would have gone nutso.



** addition - I've now put this on a nail wheel along with my other holographics, and sad to say I don't think this is a true holographic. It is more like blue with holo microglitter. Compared to the others, it just doesn't do that awesome visual effect. A true holo should give you stark bands of colour like a rainbow that shift when you move your nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment