Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cutex (Quick n Go) - 510 Ice Coffee Rush

Sadly this actually had little appearance of ice coffee. It came out too pinky. So I fixed it!! A few dabs of High Heeled Wife from Chi Chi (a creme tan) was much helpful. The brush took some getting used to. It is not only flat, but curved on one edge so you have to flip it over for each side of the nail. The formula was a little streaky but the pale colour is forgiving. I've done 3 coats here.

What I really loved when I saw it was the micro shimmer through it of minty green and candy pink. On the nail it is not very apparent, so I guess for your personal joy only. I had one compliment on it, at a shop. It has worn really well, as now it is 3 days and there is minor tip wear and no chipping!

I remember the days when Cutex was a giant in the nail market in Australia. I came from the day when they had the triangular bottle with the long white skinny handle. Where have they done now? To random chemists (if lucky) and Priceline... Sad times. Cutex is now owned by cosmetic giant, Coty.

Interestingly, nail polish is still one of the domestic products largely manufactured anywhere. For example, I currently have on my desk ones that are made in Spain (this one), Brazil, USA, France and Australia. China does not yet dominate the nail polish manufacturing arena. Look at clothing or shoes for example, and you would have to be trying hard to find product made somewhere aside from China, as this is the norm. But turn to nail polish, and it is actually unusual to find Chinese made polish (exceptions are the $2 variety fashion trend stuff).



No comments:

Post a Comment