Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Butter - No More Waity, Katie

This polish came out to commemorate Kate Middleton's royal engagement.

What I first noticed about this bottle was the great lilac sparks of glitter against a dull greyish background. What was that colour, I wondered. What it's turned out to be is a jelly-like base of translucent neutral purple. 2 coats is probably the best, unless you want a dark purple. With two coats you can still get the great jelly look. The big round pieces of confetti are all one colour. The effect is quite sweet - restrained in the public eye, but exciting on closer inspection.

What I didn't like was that it seemed chunky out of the bottle. This is meant to be new product but I found it a bit hard to spread evenly, a real glueiness. The problem with this was that it really affected the tips and edges of the nail. Maybe it was just my bottle. Try and fix it resulted in darker patches. I am thinking it may help to go for a colour base coat. Something like OPI Parlez Vous - the same neutral lilac thing. http://beautycouch.blogspot.com/2008/09/notw-opi-parlez-vous-opi.html


Then I can just do one coat of this over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment