Friday, May 20, 2011

Orly (mini) - Blue Belle

More than 5 years ago, I had a colour I really, really adored - Bourjois' #50 Bleute. It was iridescent, semi transparent with a vague milky base and looked like I had a sheet of plastic over my nails. It had a strange way of not looking like nail polish. I've been trying to replicate it for years. Lots do the iridescent baby blue look, but none have come near the effect this Bourjois polish did.

On Wednesday when I discovered Orly at a New Farm chemist, I decided to give Blue Belle a go, despite having been disappointed by other blue polish. Well, it is close, closer than other ones, but still not quite there.

But still, what can I say? This look evokes ethereal beings, angelic and blithe.



I wanted to know why it just wasn't working out for me. Under a fluro lamp I found the Bourjois has a faint amount of pink or violet iriscence. I wonder if I can replicate that. Grrrr. Anyway, for now, this is as near as I can manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment