Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mini Colorama by Maybelline - (88) Peach Cocktail

I got this because I have a fixation with coral, and also because I am mad about shimmer. This doesn't remind me in the least of any "peach" I have seen in real life. In fact, over days it seemed more watermelon to me. It is an orange based red and is flecked with silver and hot pink shimmer.

The polish seems a tad thin. I put on one layer and was satisfied with the colour - I didn't want to go darker. Had to patch up some bald spots though. Base coat and top coat helped and it wore very well over 5 days. In the photos you should be able to see the hint of pink shimmer. 

Hey, it's even lucky number 88! 7.5ml bottle - if only more paints came in this handy size!

One pic is under a fluro lamp. The other is in sunny daylight. I made some adjustments in a photo editor, but I still can't seem to bring down the orange tone... Trust me, it really is more watermelony than these pics show!

No comments:

Post a Comment