Sunday, May 29, 2011

Orly "Iron Butterfly"

Here's the other suede effect metallic I got from Orly. I applied it before bed time and in the morning it had cracked. It's a pretty frail polish and reacts badly to any flexing of the nail. Not sure how it would go with 2 or 3 coats.

I found it was so heavily pigmented that one coat was even coverage.

So perhaps you can call this pewter. It's charcoal black and has this great silver glitter in it. Again, it smoothed itself out as I painted and I really love the frosted bottle and the brush is AMAZING. I don't think I have ever been much fussed about the brush but I can tell you in my old age, that with the shakes, a good brush that flexes well, with all its bristles working together in the same direction and sticking together... it really helps to keep your paint within the lines.

I wonder if I can use this polish as an excuse: sorry, I can't pick that up/type that letter/get that stack of whatever... it will make my polish crack.

P.S. I just looooved touching this polish on my nails. I really love the texture of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment