Saturday, May 14, 2011

Chi Chi - Cat Fight and b Collection - Chicago

A long time ago I had a Tuesdays Girl nail polish (UK brand) that was only purple iridescent. It looked like a transparent grey until it reflected sunlight and then you could see a great electric violet. Well, I had been waiting for something like that to come back and here it is, except that the Chi Chi version is far more visible in ordinary light. It's quite sheer and I put in 3 coats.

Now there was a hot Chanel shade of the moment called Paradoxal which could lead you to get this Chi Chi and be horribly disappointed. Paradoxal comes on warm grey and reflects violet. But I have found Australis has a limited edition duplicate, which funny enough they just call Limited Edition 1.

Anyways... shortly after I painted on a semi circle of b Collection's Chicago which is a silvery purple glitter. b Collection is Bloom's cheap version of itself for Target. The bottles are cheaper material, the brush is not as good and I daresay the polish itself is made of cheaper product. The colours however are clones of ones available in the Bloom range (another Aussie brand) but are called names of cities. Bloom's range are called girls' names. I think Chicago's alter ego is Catherine. It's still pretty tremendous though, a highly condensed glitter, goes on very chunky. I'm quite fond of the texture and prefer it without a top coat.

It's quite unfortunate that the Brisbane polish is a really unpalatable pink. It seems the b website does not have a colour chart.

No comments:

Post a Comment