Sunday, May 29, 2011

Nicole (by OPI) "Dream Maker" (and Orly "Glam Rock")

Nicole is a formulation sold at a lesser price in chemists and so on, with colours targetted at the teen market. I mean, they have had a range for Justin Bieber and Gossip Girl (4 colours: Spotted! green; Too Rich for You blue; Scandals, Secrets and Sparkle silver, and Party in the Penthouse lighter blue.). 14 colours for Justin.

Aaaaanyway. I picked out Dream Maker because it has that crystally glitter that makes me think I dunked my fingers in sugar. The pink was a bits disturbing - I'm not much into cotton candy shades, and this was smack bang princess, lollies and fairy floss.

Fortunately, it seems to achieve the colour in the pot you would really need to paint on several layers. I've out on 3 and its not flagrantly princess yet. There is just that delicious gold and silver all through and its a really easy brush on polish. Nice and flowing, fantastic brush for a budget brand. Very pleased.

Sadly the first photos I took were not in focus and after a couple of days I got round to taking more, but only after I added the Glam Rock.

Orly had a range of metallic suede/matte finish. Glam Rock is copper, I guess. The glitter is also nice and chunky. I dries flat, I was amazed. You need to paint quick because it dries to the matte finish quickly, but I am impressed because it seems to level off by itself. It's not really my colour, but I wanted to see how this matte finish stuff worked.



No comments:

Post a Comment