Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Essie - Demure Vixen and Ulta3 - Envy

Not being a total nail fanatic I find it hard to describe Demure Vixen. I guess its like a nude blossom purple, with electric violet iridescent. I did 3 coats on one hand and 2 coats on the other. I like it better with 2 coats because the iridescent shows up better. I really like the formula of this - you can take ages putting it on, and its liquid enough to smooth itself and not dry out and get clunky on the brush. The brush is amazing too.

I've discovered that nail polish brushes are a bit like art brushes. You get low end, very bad stiff plastic with bristles that go everywhere, and then really good brushes where all the hairs sit straight and they move and spread fantasticly.

I wonder if some of the higher end polishes even use sable hair or some other mad rare animal fibre. Ugh!

Ok, so then I got excited about some metallic cheap polishes I found at the chemist. Ulta3 is made in Australia and you get them at the chemist for $3 each. I got gold, silver and bronze. I guess this is what they call 'foil' because when it goes on it looks all shimmery and sparkly like tin foil. Otherwise, you just get flat metallic gold that just looks smooth instead. So anyway, this is the bronze tone but you can barely tell in the photo because its just a strip. I cut a sweetheart line out of some sticky tape and then stuck that over the nails before I painted the bronze on. I guess if I dotted two dots on either side I would have something that looks like an owl or monkey. :-)



2 comments:

  1. Different, looks cool.......And now im going to have to forward your site onto a few people who i know will appreciate it.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this color combination and also the tip shape. Pretty creative.

    ReplyDelete